Logan Together is a whole-of-community, long term project that aims to give the kids of Logan a great start in life. After 18 months of discussions, consultation and listening, the Logan Together Leadership Table (made up of people from the Logan community, the government and community sector) has confirmed six key project priorities for 2017. These priority projects have been selected due to the level of community energy and potential for impact and influence on the lives of Logan kids.
2017 will see a focus on:
- Community Maternity and Child Health Hubs to deliver local, multi-disciplinary relationship-based care to 500-600 women and their families currently receiving little to no care during pregnancy – check out our story on this further down to discover some great progress that has just been announced
- Early development strategies for kids 0-4 years, particularly focussing on the 40% of kids in Logan who do not attend any sort of early childhood education service before entering school.
- Creating quality improvement strategies and access to transdisciplinary support teams for early learning, kindergarten services and schools clustered together into neighbourhood networks.
- Launching a broad community mobilisation campaign supporting parents of kids aged 0-8. The aim is to increase knowledge of, and adoption of behaviours that boost child wellbeing. Empowering parents to take action is essential, so a peer-to-peer volunteer Community Partners strategy will be a key strategy.
- Boosting employment opportunities for young parents under 19, and households with little employment.
- Exploring opportunities to improve service integration and related service investment in Logan. There is need to determine where and how to connect service responses, improve access, and increase prevention and early intervention to better support families in Logan.
In addition to this ‘Big 6’, there are many other projects being progressed by Logan Together partners, which are all helping to give our kids the best life opportunities. In coming weeks, we’ll be updating our project structures to reflect these new priorities as well as the many other projects our partners are supporting. Keep an eye on our website for details: www.logantogether.org.au and click here to download our strategic roadmap in full.