But sometimes it can feel as if there’s so much parenting information to access that we don’t know where to start looking. The Early Years Pregnancy to Prep Expo, being held on Wednesday 13 September, has been designed to help Logan families find information, support and the tools they need in a fun, social setting.
The Expo is free to attend and runs from 10am to 2pm. It will feature more than 30 stallholders showcasing information, resources and services all under the one roof.
Face painting, a sausage sizzle and craft activities will also be on the agenda providing a fun day out for the entire family. Free childminding facilities will also be available to help parents take the time to visit stalls and listen to the free information sessions being held on the day. The information sessions cover topics including:
- Navigating your way around Centrelink and Medicare (including benefits and rebates);
- ‘The Facts of Life of Credit – different options and what to look out for when seeking loans; and
- How to plan ahead to prepare for the costs of kids at school.
The event has been organised by the local community for the local community, with mums and dads, neighbourhood clusters, community groups and service providers all coming together to create a one-stop-shop of kid friendly information:
- If you’re having a baby in Logan you can find out your options for support, models of care, how to look after mum and bubs well-being as well as information on mother’s groups and other supports
- For families with older babies and toddlers there will be lots of ideas for fund, free activities to do at home to help your kids grow
- Early Child Education Centres will be on hand to talk about the benefits of an approved Kindy program, enrolment advice and tips on how to get your child ready
- Starting big school is big step – the Expo will include lots of helpful ideas for getting kids ready for Prep as well as practical checklists of steps things parents need to know to enrol their kids
- There will also be lots of information and ideas on ways you can help grow a strong family
The free event is being held at the Salvation Army building at 123 Paradise Road Slacks Creek and bookings are not required. Keep up to date with news about the Expo at our Facebook event page here .