Here in Logan, we know that many parents can’t afford to send their kids to early childhood education and care or kindy at all.
Until free early learning is available for every child, we’re doing what we can to get as many children as possible attending a high quality kindy.
Thanks to our generous partners, the Logan Community Bank Branches of the Bendigo Bank and individual donors supporting the Logan Together Kindy Scholarship Program more children can go to kindy.
Our Kindy Scholarships are designed to cover 100% of kindy costs for eligible and approved children. This includes the enrolment fee and the kindergarten gap fees* for 600 hours a year. This works out to 15 hours per week for 40 weeks or the equivalent. The annual out of pocket costs for kindy fees start at about $900 per child – this varies based on the circumstance of the family and the chosen kindy the child will attend.
Kindy Scholarships are available to families who meet the following eligibility criteria**:
- The family lives in the Logan Geographical Area
- The child is kindergarten age (at least 4 by 30 June in the year before they start school)
- The family is eligible for QKFS Plus Kindy Support
- The child is to be enrolled in an approved kindergarten program that meets the scholarship program requirements in the Logan Geographical Area
- Or as determined by the Logan Together Backbone Team.
If you would like to be part of the Kindy Scholarship Program please email email@example.com
Special Thanks to
**Being eligible does not guarantee a child a Kindergarten Scholarship.
*The gap fee is a family’s out of pocket expenses after all subsidies for that family have been applied.